Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tonsils and Adenoids...take two?

Here we go again. This time, for Jaynee. I took her to the ENT yesterday, and we were in the operating room this morning. When he finished, he said "those tonsils and adenoids were HUGE." I figure if the ENT says they are huge and he sees them everyday, they must have been really good sized. Poor little thing was always snoring and always complaining that her "mouf" hurt. Apparently for good reasons. I just went up and checked on her in her bed, and the room was so quiet-it almost made me cry to not here my little snoring duck! Cam just went and checked on her too and says "can we go back to last night when we used to hear her snoring?" Change in so hard-even with something as no big deal as this! But that was just always a little trademark of Jayne-her snore!
She was such a good sport-SOOOOO GOOOOD! All the nurses kept coming in saying "oh, I've heard about you-you were our star patient today." Well, so far so good-but I have been through this before and know that the hardest days are usually those to come. I'll take you on our little journey today with a recap of some cute pictures. Her pre-op nurse getting her weight-a whopping 25 pounds!
She was really excited about her nightgown that they gave her-it had bugs bunny and taz on it. I don't think she even knew who they were-it was just cool to where the new nightgown.
Notice the lion in her hands. They gave this to her at the very beginning and it says on his shirt "No LION, I had surgery today." She had to have him with her all day today. Her finger was so small they couldn't get a good reading of oxygen-they tried 3 different times-her finger, her thumb and her toe-not one gave a good reading. The nurse just decided to go off her little happy attitude and decided she had enough oxygen for as happy as she was.
My favorite part of the outfit was the slippers-about 10 sizes too big and twisted-she thought they were so cool.In the pre-op waiting area, they had a little toy room. This was perfect to calm her nerves-wait...what nerves? Where was my toy room? I could have at least used a good tranquilizer or something!
This is my favorite picture-it was so funny! Everywhere she walked, it was just like the T.V. commercials, with the bum hanging out; except this one was little, cute and covered in Tinkerbell underwear.
She started to get a bit nervous when I told her that the nice nurse with the same name as her's was going to take her back to her "office" and let her see where she works all day. This is about where I thought I would loose it. When Emmie had her's out, they gave her a sedative so that she didn't care that someone came and took her to the O.R., and I was really worried she might cry and not want to go.
This was the nurse, with the same name as Jaynee and she brought this warm blanket with her, snuggled her all up and Jaynee just went right with her. I said " I love you" and the nurse told her to say I love you more, and as she walked off, she said "love you more! Bye!" AHHH, the tears started falling! It is silly that this is so hard, but I knew what she was about to go through, and the poor little thing had no idea.
And here we are right after in the recover room. They let Cam and I go back before she was completely awake, and they put her right in my arms. I laid down in a recliner while she took about and hour and a half to fully wake up, drink some apple juice so they could remove her little IV, and then let us go home. She sounded so little-when she would breathe, she would make little tiny whimpering noises. Then she would cough and it sounded like a little barking seal.
Sometimes you can't believe how little their hands are; and how little all the instruments must be in the O. R. to make this possible-look at the tiny I.V.
And here we are on our way home. She was such a good little sport! I am so happy this part of the ordeal is over, now on to her rapid recovery!

8 comments:

  1. What a good sport, we are happy to know that Jaynee is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she's soooo freaking cute!!!! i love her! 25 lbs??? Sawyer would kill her in a sumo match... oh well....

    i hope recovery isn't as hard as Emmie's was!!! If you need relief please call!!! give her hugs from us- and lil love pat on that cute lil tooshie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry every time my kids get immunized. I can't imagine handing over my little girl... or boy to someone for a surgery. I cried at you telling about Jaynee. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little girl. I hope she has a speedy recovery and is feeling well. It is never easy to let your little ones go under. I am glad to hear things went so well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Jaynee! Hope the recovery is going well, what is it day 3 so... probably the worst day! I can't believe she is only 25 lbs. My nephew Crew was 29 at his 1 year check. Fun to catch up on your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom! She is such a doll, and has had a rough year, poor woman. Here's to the next. Looks like your Arizona trip was a blast, I love it down there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH BTW I forgot, got your email. My blog is rebecspage.blogspot.com. And thanks for the info about a book, I really have been wanting to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, I never think to take pictures of that kind of stuff. I also can't believe how little she is, maybe my Jared and Lisa's Sawyer should play sumo together. :-) Chunks!

    I am glad she is doing well and that you are surviving it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadie has a pair of those socks too. She calls them her frog slippers. Lately, she insists on wearing them to bed every night.

    ReplyDelete