Saturday, September 5, 2009

Family trip to Arizona

This is just a cute picture Cam snapped of Jaynee on the bridge at Lake Powell. We took the trip to Arizona to make it Stephanie and Simon's wedding, Bob and LaRee's farewell, and to just make the trip to Arizona so that my kids could see it, and to go to Mount Graham. I always wanted to go with Mom and Dad, and unfortunatly we had talked about going this summer for quite a while, and we were just a bit late to have dad with us; I am so happy grandma could take the trip with us and make it a great memory for my girls.
This picture was taken on our second day of traveling, at the Lake Powell dam. We hung out at the bridge that morning and let the girls explore. I can remember my parents letting us do the same thing, and I enjoyed my girls making some of the same memories.
This is about 5 hours into our second day of traveling; and this is where we decided Jaynee was going to ride the rest of the way!
We made it to Safford that night about 8:00. This was taken the next day after Bob and LaRee's farewell, outside of their house. This is LaRee's golf cart that she cruises around her little neighborhood in. Notice where Jaynee is sitting-she is in the little basket on the back.
The next day we went to Mt. Graham. The memories I have here are priceless. Dad's family has cabins on the mountain, and we would have a family reunion here about every other year when I was growing up. I have always wanted to take my family here and let them experience some of my same favorite childhood memories. This is one of my very favorite-making mud pies, and just "cooking" in the little kitchen that would always be set up.
This swing was amazing! It was put between these two huge tress, so high, and it would swing out over a little drop off. You could go so high because of how long the ropes were. The girls spent so much time here, especially Kaylee Jo.
There was also a big zip line, next to the swing, and Kaylee of course loved this too. She is always up for an adventure. This was also one of my favorite memories, and I had fun watching Kaylee.
Most of Jaynee's time was spent either making mud pies, or "cooking dinner" for someone in the little kitchen. This was her very favorite part-we are talking HOURS and HOURS that she spent right there.
We took a hike and tried to find Bear Caves-not sure why it is called that-not really sure if bears go there, but as a child it was always one of the hikes we would take. However, we never found it! Where is dad when I need him? He always was the leader on our hikes-and I think he only got us lost one time. We were like the children of Israel following Moses in the wilderness- dad leading us with his big old walking stick! But, even though we didn't find it, the kids had a good time getting dirty and being able to use their cool walking sticks.
Kaylee sporting her cool "Hanah Montana" sunglasses on the hike.
We took a crazy turn and ended up going up a really really steep hill, so when we came down, Jaynee just sat down and slid.
While taking a little pause on the hike to take a pic, I noticed something about 150 yards away, with 4 legs and tail!!! I about died right there from being so scared. We still don't know what it was, but Cam looked and looked and finally found it too, but it was so obscured by trees that we just couldn't get a good look at it. I think Kaylee just about lost her lunch she was so scared. Good thing we had our walking sticks! I kept telling my girls we were safe cause we had our "clubs" to help fight with...this was more for my sanity the rest of the hike.
Farrell and little Isaac on the swing.
Emmie finally got brave enough the day before we left to go on the swing and to let Cam push her high.
Go Grandma!! Mom got on the swing and went really high! The little girls were so proud of their grandma!
This picture may not show it, but Cameron and Farrell got me SO high on the swing-careful, pregnant women don't have too good of bladder control-especially when I get nervous or laugh really hard-and I was doing both.
Jaynee was not about to get on this swing alone, so cam had to take her-she loved it as long as she had her dad there to protect her!
Of course Aunt LaRee got on the swing! She is always up for anything fun, and my girls are sure missing her!
Little Isaac learned to go all by himself. He loved this!
Jaynee finally decided she could do it all alone, and she lasted about 10 seconds, and went about 2 feet in each direction. After this time, she decided she would never do it alone again and made Cam or I go with her everytime; little chicken!


She looked like this most of the time-just SO dirty. I didn't bother to wash her off until evening cause she would just go right back to making mud pies as soon as she was clean. So fun for her!
And of course this just topped off the filthiness-a chocolate donut. Actually, not much of the donut was eaten, just the top with the frosting.
Once we came down from the mountains, we went to Mesa for Stephanie and Simon's Wedding. This is right before we said good bye to Jody's cute girls. My girls had so much fun with them, and continue to talk about them as if they are best friends.
Grandma and the girls on the long ride home. I don't know if we would have made it without grandma in the back to keep them all busy with silly games, books, games, games, games...it was a pretty long drive. Here she is drawing on the white board-she literally drew this picture for 45 minutes, and the girls we entertained the entire time.
Here is the fisished product of the 45 minute art project. Look at my big belly! And look at the dog-we laughed and laughed about the "pig dog". Thanks mom for going with us-it was such a better trip to have you with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment