Monday, September 14, 2009

I need this child in a bubble

Poor little Jaynee. Seriously, she needs to be wrapped in bubble tape or something cushy. She fell tonight trying to turn off her lamp, and hit her face on the corner of her dresser. This little girl just has the worst luck! She is our first to break a bone, and now the first to have stitches. I really don't want to know what is next!
We quickly made the decision to run over to our friend's house who is conveniently a surgical P.A. It is moments like this where I really really miss my dad. However, I am so grateful to our friend who generously opened his door to us, placed Jaynee on his kitchen counter (just like dad) and went to work. She needed two little stitches, but two stitches for a three year old who is still in recovery for her tonsilectomy is a big deal!The hands you see holding her down are not mine! I just couldn't do it! It is Catherine, Scott's wife and his "assistant".
Poor little thing had a hard time even crying because her throat is still so raw from her surgery-in fact, today is the first day she wasn't mute and trying to play charades all day.
Our wonderful friend, neighbor and P.A. Thank you Scoot and Catherine for being so wonderful and willing to help us!
This is a picture just before she nodded off to sleep-luckily still on some children's Lortab from her surgery. Poor thing!

7 comments:

  1. Poor Jaynee!!! I am so glad Scott is right there and could help you out. I probably wouldn't have even thought about going to him for help just because I panic in time like that. What great neighbors we have. Give Jaynee a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little girl, can't hardly speak and then has to get stitches. She is just like my Sadie. When she had to get stitches in her hand I had to help hold her down. I was sweating so bad listening to her scream as they numbed her hand and then was sick afterwards as I looked at the stitches. I can change an extremely dirty diaper any day but if one of my kids is hurt, it is super hard to handle. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little thing. I can't believe how much has happened in her few years of life. I hope her luck will begin now and she won't have anymore accidents. Take care of that precious little girl. I hope things just get better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my poor little pumpkin!!!! I'm so glad your neighbor was there to operate on the counter- i remember your dad doing that to max- or conli- can't remember- i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was almost in tears looking at her sad little face. I hope she is doing better today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you do need her in a bubble, poor thing! My dad use to say, if you'd been a horse we'd taken you out and shot you along time ago. I've got a hunch that might be Jaynee too! So fun to see you last week, wished we could have talked more. We will all have to get together soon to see that baby of yours :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wendy, how are you! I just found this new blog. . . it was fun to look through your posts. You have such a cute family. I am sure it was nice to have your mom come along to your trip to AZ. good luck with the baby.

    ReplyDelete