Sunday, August 2, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Grandma helping Andrew (Wade's oldest) tie his card onto his balloon. We gave each grand child a card and had them write a message to grandpa, and then we "sent" them to him on the white balloons.
Ty keeping Noah (Wade's youngest) busy. Noah is a wanderer and is happy to just go exploring anywhere he can.
Erin helping Addie and Drew write their letters.
I had to put this picture in of Jayne. Such a fun age! Don't grow up!
This was my girls first time seeing the headstone. I am grateful that mom brought me up here two days before, so that I could be here alone, without all the kids, and have myself some time to get used to this. It is strange, but if I just don't have to face things like this, then sometimes I can get through a few days or even a week without a little breakdown. Unless you have experienced something like this, seeing things that are so "obvious" like this, you can sometimes make it through the day. However, I am grateful for how beautiful it turned out, and how beautiful the cemetery is.
Kaylee told Grandpa that she hopes he still watches BYU play this year, and that she loves and misses him. Emmie told him she loved him and invited him to her dance recital and Jaynee...(Look below).
This pictures are a bit out of order, but here they are, all posing for a good pic. It was such a beautiful day.
This was Jaynee's letter to her grandpa. She still talks to me about him, how she misses him, and how he "fixed" her arm. Jaynee broke her arm the day before grandpa fell, and he put a cast on it for her. This was one of the last procedures we know of him performing, and I of course still have the cast.
Getting all ready to let the balloons go, and a cute picture of Amy holding Landon.
And there they go. We watched them until they dissappeared. It was really pretty neat to see all of these little love letters go to grandpa, and Emmie and Jaynee were convinced that he got them. I am convinced he was watching and seeing the cute things they each wrote to him. Memorial day 2009 was such a different memorial day than I had ever experienced. It really meant so much to me. I am so grateful to have been surrounded by my family, all of whom felt the same way as I. We spent it together; that is the way we always did, and the way Dad would have wanted us to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment