Sunday, July 12, 2009

My first Half Marathon


This was my first half. I commited to doing it about 8 days before my dad passed away, and actually found the training to be therapeutic. I went to Moab with 1 other mom that I knew (thanks for the invite Em!) and 5 others that I didn't, and came home having 4 new friends. We rode down in that motor home you can see behind us-it was so great! This was a great experience. I really enjoyed the whole thing (except mile 11-13 was pretty brutal). I never thought I would be able to do something like this ever since my back surgery 4 years ago, but pleasantly surprised myself. Not sure I will ever voluntarily run that far again, but who knows what the future holds!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!!?? why don't i recall knowing anything about this!? How crazy!!! That's AWESOME!!! I'm so happy you were able to do it! You sure showed them doctors- bbblllppp! 6 miles my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me! I wonder when I'll find my inner-athlete again? You never lost yours.

    ReplyDelete